A forum hosted by Monash University Malaysia
26 February, 2021
Q1 What makes an assessment ‘Authentic’?
1st Breakout room activity
Introduce yourselves: including interest in Authentic Assessment
Topic: How could you use MELT to help forge Authentic Assessment with colleagues and the curriculum?
Discuss one context for each person where authentic assessment needs to be introduced?
Choose one context to discuss in detail and report on.
- which course or context?
- which assessment task(s)?
- what will make the assessment authentic?
- could MELT frame the assessment marking criteria?
- which colleagues will you involve in developing the assessment?
Summarise the above in one entry in Padlet:
Please indicate your group’s breakout room number in your padlet response.
2nd Breakout room activity (if needed)
Questions for the Q&A session
- questions of clarification
- questions of possibilities
- comments and critiques